Our studio reopened for production January 9. If your order was placed between 12/22-1/9, please keep in mind that production started 1/9 and total production time starts on that date.
Kindly note, while I do my best to stay within the estimated production times, all of my jewelry is made to order and unforeseen delays that are out of my control may occur. During busy seasons (November-January, May-July) delays of up to 3 weeks may occur.
The rush fee essentially lets you skip to the head of the production line. If you need your ring quickly, it's a highly recommended addition. If you need your ring by a specific date, this date needs to be clearly written in the order comments for your rush fee purchase. Even if we have already discussed dates via email or phone, the date MUST BE WRITTEN IN THE COMMENTS. This is the only way I have to keep track of everyone's needs. Purchase the rush order fee here.
* Please note, if a date is discussed and guaranteed, the order must be placed within 24 hours or the guarantee is void.
SILVER AND GOLD BANDS WITHOUT STONES
Please allow 3-4 weeks
ALL ROUGH MONTANA SAPPHIRE STYLES
Generally ship in 3-6 weeks. Please allow 1 week for stone photos, if requested, and an additional 3-5 weeks for production after stones have been confirmed.
GOLD BANDS WITH PAVE AND INSET STONES
Please allow 3-5 weeks
ALL ENGAGEMENT RING STYLES
Please allow a minimum of 6-10 weeks.
ALL OTHER FINE JEWELRY
Please allow 5-7 weeks.
Allow a minimum of 8 weeks for any customization. Fully custom rings require a minimum of 6 months. Estimated production time will be advised during the design process.
For more information, visit Custom FAQ
All OOAK pieces ship within a week unless resizing is required. Allow 4 weeks for all resizing.
READY TO SHIP
All in stock pieces ship within 2 business days (excluding studio closures and holidays).
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU PLACE AN ORDER:
Once you place an order, you will receive updates and be able to track every stage of the production process. Make sure you add info(at)oliviaewing.com to your safe list to receive! Order updates are sent out Tuesdays and Thursdays. Curious about the next steps? See the details below!
* Please note, every ring has a different production process and will not go through every single step. This is just a general overview of the stages and timeline...
1) Fully Custom Rings: I will work closely with you one-on-one to complete and discuss every stage of your creation. Custom rings are worked on in the order they are received, but please allow a minimum of 6 month for production
2) Stone Photo Request: Did you request custom stones or photos of your stones for approval? Look for photos in your inbox within a week of ordering.
3) Sourcing Stone: Most larger diamonds and some gemstones are sourced to order. These can take anywhere from 1-5 weeks to receive. Diamonds are typically sourced within a week while some more specific gemstone colors can take longer. If you've requested a custom stone, expect the sourcing to take closer to the 5 week mark.
4) Creating wax: All gemstone rings and textured men's bands (and wider unisex wedding bands) go through this stage. The wax setting is hand carved to fit your stone and the bands are hand sized to maintain the ring's texture. Allow 1-3 weeks for this stage.
5) Casting in progress: Once the wax model is complete, your ring is sent off for casting, cleaning and any pavé stone setting. This stage takes 2-3 weeks for solid bands or 3-4 weeks for rings with pavé settings. Note, 18K white gold may take slightly longer.
6) Stone setting: If your ring has a center stone, this is the last phase of production. All center stones are hand set in my studio. Allow 2-3 weeks for this stage. Note, with the exception of platinum, all rough sapphires and diamonds are cast in place directly in the metal and do not need to be set separately.
7) Quality check and photos: This is the final inspection and photography of your piece before shipping out. All shipments take place one day a week, typically Fridays. Not all pieces get photographed, but look for photos of those that do on our instagram account @oliviaewingjewelry! Allow 1 week for this phase.
Repairs/resizing: Please allow 4 weeks.
* Please keep in mind that all items are handmade. While I do my best to adhere to my promised schedule, delays can occur. Delays typically mean that I'm not 100% happy with the ring outcome and have decided to redo a portion. Please trust the process and know that I will only send you my best work.